Tech facts about the global cyber ransom attack – Straight talk from a tech expert
Hospitals, banks, factories, government agencies etc.
Answers to these questions are in the video:
1. How to protect yourself if you haven’t been attacked
2. What happens if you’ve been infected
Q & A
1. Can you recover your data?
NO. If you’re infected, it’s gone.
2. What should you do if your computer is infected?
Disconnect it from the Internet immediately to prevent other computers from being infected
3. What can you do if you are not infected?
Back up your data now and do not leave the back up device connected to the Internet. Upgrade your Microsoft operating system immediately.
4. Who is responsible for this disaster?
They created the tool.
They were careless in their handing of the tool and allowed it to be stolen
They withheld this information from Microsoft, the company who makes the software that is vulnerable to their hacking tools.
They’re just keeping you safe…
NOTE: Microsoft has NOTHING about this situation in its home page