Submitted by IWB, on October 19th, 2016
Green Party presidential nominee Jill Stein is calling on the federal government to press charges against Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton in light of the latest WikiLeaks release.
“#PodestaEmail10 show HRC kept 55K emails from Congress. How much more evidence does the govt need to press charges?” Stein tweeted on Monday.
Stein also highlighted the hypocrisy that members of corporate media–who have spent months speculating “that Trump would try to silence critical journalism”– have offered no defense of the WikiLeaks releases, which have exposed the cozy relationship between members of corporate media and the Clinton campaign, and have revealed the failure of some “journalists” to critically cover the Clinton campaign.
Glenn Greenwald has said that the releases have revealed “serious impropriety” of the media’s collusion with the Clinton campaign– such as Donna Brazile’s decision to feed Clinton’s campaign with a question in advance for a town hall as Clinton was trying to defeat Bernie Sanders in the Democratic primary.
FBI Interview: Hillary Clinton ‘so Contemptuous’ of Security Detail, Many Agents Quit or Sought Reassignment
Hillary Clinton was so abusive to her security detail that the State Department could not find senior agents willing to staff the once-prestigious position to protect the Secretary of State, according to a former State employee who served in that detail.
The individual’s remarks came to light Monday in a release of FBI documents relating to the investigation of Hillary Clinton’s use of an unsecured, homebrew email server to conduct all of her business as Secretary of State — in contradiction of federal records keeping laws. The interviewee, whose name is redacted on the document, “served as an Assistant Shift Leader on former Secretary of State CONDOLEEZZA RICE’s and HILLARY CLINTON’s protective details.”
• Anti-TPP and NAFTA
• Breakup the banks and reform and democratize the Federal Reserve
• Create democratically run public banks and utilities
• Enforce the Bill of Rights by protecting the right to free speech and protest, to be secure from unwarranted search and seizure and invasion of privacy, as well as our other Constitutional rights.
• Repeal Patriot Act
• Terminate unconstitutional surveillance and unwarranted spying, close Guantanamo, and repeal indefinite detention without charge or trial. Repeal the unconstitutional provisions of the National Defense Authorization Act that give the president the power to indefinitely imprison and even assassinate American citizens without due process.
• Protect the free Internet. Oppose the online piracy act and all other legislation that would undermine freedom and equality on the Internet
• Eliminate corporate personhood
• Full public financing of elections, ranked choice voting, proportional representation, and open debates
• Get corporate money out of government and stop the revolving door between government, lobbyists, giant corporations, and Wall Street
• Cut military spending and use money from this and tax reform such as closing loopholes and cutting subsidies to billionaire corporations in order to pay for other policies
• End US’ role as world’s arms supplier including financial and military support to Saudi Arabia, Israel, and Egypt
• 100% clean renewable energy by 2030 by creating federal jobs in clean energy sectors
• Universal healthcare through improved Medicare for all
• Free preschool through university education
• End the drug war. Legalize marijuana and treat substance abuse as health problem not an offense.
• Demilitarize police and end mass incarceration
• Establish police review boards so that communities control their police